WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences - the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world's most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
As a Co-op student, you can make an immediate contribution to AMD's next generation of technology innovations. We have a dynamic, high-energy work environment, filled with expert employees, and unique opportunities for developing your career. You will have the opportunity to connect with AMD leaders, receive one-on-one mentorship, attend amazing networking events, and much more. With AMD, you can get hands-on experience that will give you a competitive edge in the workforce.
Get a jumpstart on an exciting career - apply today!
SILICON INFRASTRUCTURE INTERN
Santa Clara, CA
ONSITE: This role requires the student to work from the LOCATION office throughout the duration of the Co-op/Intern term. First time Co-ops/Interns should work full-time and onsite.
- Summer term
- Include applicable dates for your term(s). 2023 dates are as follows:
- Summer: Start Date May 22, 2023, or June 5th - August 11, 2023
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Design, build, test, monitor, manage and maintain toolchains for critical functions
- Own and drive improvements to build, simulation, release scripts, tools, and processes
- Automate technologies to improve the velocity and quality of engineering efforts
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages including shell, Perl, Python, and/or Ruby
- Knowledge in React, Angular, Vue Framework is desirable
- Background in object-oriented programming
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART:
- Database administration and SQL
- Experience with ASIC standard verification tools, languages, and flows
- System Verilog/UVM Experience
- Continuous integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins EDA in the cloud
- Knowledge on LSF and Unix system is desirable
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Ability to think critically and to formulate solutions to problems in a clear, concise, and timely manner
- Junior/Senior BS Computer Science/Engineering Degree
- Compensation range $40.00- $45.00 hourly commensurate with experience
- Healthcare coverage, dental and vision
- Paid holidays
- Relocation stipend
- Education assistance for required Co-op/Intern course
At AMD, your base pay is one part of your total rewards package. Your base pay will depend on where your skills, qualifications, experience, and location fit into the hiring range for the position. You may be eligible for incentives based upon your role such as either an annual bonus or sales incentive. Many AMD employees have the opportunity to own shares of AMD stock, as well as a discount when purchasing AMD stock if voluntarily participating in AMD's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also be eligible for competitive benefits described in more detail .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.