Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist shop mechanics with daily shop operations.
- This may include cleaning and inspecting parts for reuse.
- Assist mechanics with assembly, disassembly, and troubleshooting of Construction Equipment.
- Grinding , cleaning, shot blasting.
- Work will be performed in a Construction Equipment shop environment
- Protective footwear and eyewear will be required.
As a Mechanic Intern you are required to work in an industrial environment which includes exposure to significant environmental conditions. Physical requirements include:
- Overall stamina
- Sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing
- Carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching
- Listening and speaking
- Must have good motor coordination skills
- Coordination of eyes, hands, and feet
- Verbal intelligence and numerical intelligence
- The workplace environmental conditions include subject to noise, heat, cold, injury exposures, and atmospheric exposures
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Graduate of a technical school, military school, or currently enroled in a technical school.