The Service Technician I is responsible for providing Basic level technical support ensuring the highest quality technical service to clients regarding field activities including installation and servicing of voice, data, and video systems and equipment including associated wiring, power, or peripheral equipment.
- Supplies Basic technical level support to client requests for emergency, routine and remedial maintenance of telecommunications equipment and circuits to include cabling of voice and data equipment.
- Performs moves, adds and changes activities as required.
- Prepares and maintains installation records and documentation.
- Maintains productivity and quality of workmanship and ensures adherence to RGTS standards.
- Promotes professionalism by displaying a positive, professional image and excellent attendance.
- Responds promptly to client complaints regarding workmanship and re-occurring service problems; personally follows through on client inquiries and requests; completes assigned projects within time frames committed to customers.
- Provides Basic level technical leadership and guidance in solving problems encountered in the field and takes personal responsibility for correcting client service problems.
- Works towards favorable response to company client satisfaction surveys.
- Supports retention of the existing and future client base.
- Ensures minimization of chronic and re-occurring system and equipment troubles.
- Minimum of two (2) years of cabling infrastructure experience for all voice and data cable in various Customer Premise locations to include standard office environment, warehouse environments, factory environments and construction sites.
- Must meet current OSHA safety requirements for low voltage cabling on customer premise.
- Must have knowledge of current National Electrical Code (NEC) standards for placing and testing of Low Voltage Cabling.
- Should have working knowledge of testing equipment used for testing purposes for Low Voltage cabling.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior level technicians and customer groups in written and verbal formats
- Ability to effectively respond to common inquires or complaints.
- Current driver license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities, with an intense attention to detail. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- May also be required to transport equipment and supplies from inventory location to field sites. Routine lifting required; must be able to lift minimum of 50 pounds
- Typical telecommunications field work environment: client sites; indoor and outdoor; some inclement weather; working in cramped dimly lit equipment rooms; in/near construction sites
- Electrical hazards may be encountered while working in equipment rooms, ceilings, and on/near construction sites
- Other hazards as typically found on construction sites
- Minimum of two (2) years hands on experience dealing with analog and digital communications hardware and associated protocols
- Basic college level math capabilities
Less than 10%
Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of a team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At any point in time, the essential functions and primary duties associated with this position will be the principal, major or most important duties, responsibilities and activities that the employee is expected to perform as determined and directed by ConvergeOne.
ConvergeOne provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and all team members will be treated with respect to their employment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For further details please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm